[3830] ARRL 10 VE7XF SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 02:34:54 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: near Vancouver

   CW:  672   113
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  672   113  Total Score = 303,744

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I hate this contest. By the time the band opens for us, it's closed in Eu, so
Europe is tough for us to work. I managed 7 Eu mults in 2 days, most of them
one Q each, and most of them on a skewed path (120 deg. instead of 30 deg.).
A big difference from the CQ WW CW, where condx were great!
I don't wanna know how good it was on the eastern side of the continent :-(

Worked all states except SC, all VE except LB, NU, NWT, and 7 XEs.
Caribbean and SA stations were unusually weak, and hardly anything from AS.
I'll be back for the RAC Winter event.

K3, KPA500, 3 el Steppir

Ralph, VE7XF

ps:
A pretty good showing by my main squeeze, VE7TJF, from her apartment,
with an S9 noise level, a stealth antenna, low power, and part-time operation.
Next year is her turn with the Steppir, so watch out!