[3830] ARRL 10 N1IXF SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 17:52:08 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: CT

   CW:
  SSB: 1987   139
-------------------
Total: 1987   139  Total Score = 552,386

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

As usual, a blast!  First time in this category and it was rare that I had to
call more than once to work an S&P contact... that was fun from home.

Highs:  great conditions, the Sat morning run to EU, using SteppIR in
bi-directional mode beaming 60/240, absolutely zero station issues with the new
N1MM Logger+ install working flawlessly, and having VP8NO call me.

Lows:  having other family commitments that got in the way of any opportunity
to catch the Sunday EU opening and a big chunk of the that morning, also had to
quit early for dinner guests... it's really hard to get a completely free
weekend in December and even harder to turn away from the radio when conditions
are so good... local noise issues continue to plague me so I still have power
line and cable leakage tracing to do,  Saturday morning my EU run was
obliterated for about an hour by transmitted noise that I recorded to send into
to ARRL - thought it might have been someone in the house plugging in a battery
charger but after checking determined that it was external to my house. W1TJL
told me he had the same issue at his location about 8 miles away.  Hope we
don't hear that again.