[3830] ARRL 10 W1DYJ SO CW Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 21:35:38 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA

   CW:  177   106
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  177   106  Total Score = 75,048

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-2000
Antenna: Homebrew 5 element yagi @ 10M height

LOG: N3FJP ARRL 10 Meter Contest Log Version 4.6
 CW Contacts = 177 / Mults = 106  /  Claimed score = 75,048
 Operating Period: ~18 hours

The CW bug has me hooked.  After one month and three contests
(CQWWCW, ARRL 160, and ARRL 10M - CW only) my copying ability
is slowly getting better.  From zero, I now have 44 states
and 79 countries on CW.  (Of course, they are not confirmed
yet �" and we will see what my error rate was!)  Many thanks
to spotting systems and SCP!

My rate was only around 10/hour on average -- lots of time
trying to get serial numbers at 30 to 35 WPM.  It seemed
like some hams really like to show off at rates quite above
that too -- some I just gave up on.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ