[3830] ARRL 10 V31MA SO SSB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 17 08:34:51 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: V31MA
Operator(s): V31MA
Station: V31MA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1577   125  Total Score = 394,000

started the contest just for fun with the goal to make 100 qrp Q's.
Condx where outstanding and after the first hour, I reached the 100 qso mark.

I realised I had a good chance for much more Q�'s so decided to try for 500's.

The band was getting crowded and I had to move from 28402 up to 28737.
After a few cq calls the pile-up started and the rate didn't slow down much
during the next few hours.
Then someone decided to take the frequency and again I had to qsy down a little
to 28735.
Saturday ended with 1118 Q�'s (incl. dupes) in the Log.

On Sunday the band opened just a few minutes after sunrise to Europe and the
first QSO was made with I8QLS.
It didn't take long before the whole 10m band was packed with Europeans.
Of course this sounds great but it was also fustrating as well if nobody replys
when you s&p, so what should I do..... cq!
I went up to 28770 and tried to get something going and was jumping around a
lot trying to find a "clear" frequency.
Anyhow Sunday wasn�'t too bad with a total of 485 Q�'s (incl. dupes).

No technical problems and the station setup worked flawlessly.

Big thanks to all who picked my call out of the qrm & made this score
possible.
I never expected something like this to happen.

What else can I say ....... it has been a blast!

73
Marc V31MA

Continents
All bands - All modes
QSOs (with dupes)

|   EU   |   NA   |   SA   |   AF   |   AS   |   OC   |
|  17.9% |  76.5% |   2.8% |   0.7% |   1.9% |   0.2% |

Worked States/Provinces

     |   10 | TOTAL
====================
CT   |   20 |    20