[3830] TBDC N2WN Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 10:06:44 EST 2014

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 5:46

Total:  QSOs = 174  Total Score = 1,236

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

QRN here with a front moving in but think my congestion slowed me down more. New
antenna still somewhat in shakedown mode, discovered it really interacts with my
40m array, back to the drawing board...

Best daytime QSO was with N7GP and it was fairly easy, good ears! Best DX was
G4IIY who stuck with it. Heard a fair amount of EU, but seemed like they were
not hearing the states well. Probably the biggest "frustration" was
with P4/DL6RAI who had a solid signal most of the time but wasn't hearing well.
Looking forward to reading his comments.

A few Western stations were worked, but there were more that were left
endlessly CQing. Heard a few of the QRP crowd out west, very weak and they were
obviously not hearing our side of ol' Miss well, if at all.

Would have wished more friends HNY but getting the exchange right was more
important before QSB ended the Q. Best wishes to all for a grand 2015 and hope
to work you down the log.

Antenna (Rx & Tx): 84' Tee.
Rig: Elecraft K3
Logging: N1MM Classic