[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 11:19:44 EST 2014

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands

Total:  QSOs = 258  Total Score = 1,948

I started this year with high hopes of having some fun in the Stew my favorite
contest. I don't work many contests except for 160 and mainly the Stew Perry
Distance Challenge.  After a few minutes on the band was so badly chopped up by
a local constant CQ machine that working anyone was nearly impossible. So I just
decided to call it quits this year and went and watched some TV. A few hours
later I came back to the shack to read my e mail and noticed the constant Klixx
machine was gone. (At least for a while)  So I started up again.  Only a few
Europeans were worked and the conditions were not good. The East Coast regulars
were much lower in strength but the west coast was above normal.  Best DX was
Gregg ZL3IX for 18 points.  He was stronger than most NA stations.  Also two
KH6's (KH6AT and K6IJ/KH6) were superb and easy to work.  For those who felt I
was deaf and for others that called so many times, please have some compassion
and understand my plight here with the QRM across the band from a nearby QRO
station.  I should have been able to do better but just couldn't under the
circumstances.