[3830] TBDC K1WHS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 13:23:58 EST 2014

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ

Total:  QSOs = 41  Total Score = 310

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Sorry, but not much of an effort this time.  A family get together for Christmas
Saturday night was not good for my score. Then I caught a bad cold.  I tried
operating even with the bad cold. The crowning touch was when the XYL came out
to the shack to inform me that our dog was sick and needed my attention. I gave
up after three strikes.
>From what I could see the conditions were not very good. I searched around for
some DX stations, but they were few and far between. Too bad because I did much
better the Friday night before just calling a few CQs for about 2 hours. Band
condx here in New England really went down hill by Saturday night. Almost all
search and pounce. I tried calling a few CQs for about 5 minutes late in the
evening just before the XYL came out to inform me of the pooch problem. I
missed early morning to the west. Best DX eastward was V55V. They were loud
near their sunrise. They were loudest on my 45 degree beverage and almost as
good on my 330 degree beverage.