[3830] RAC Winter VE7XF SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 21:44:25 EST 2014

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: near Vancouver

  160:   20              4
   80:   23              4
   40:  112              7
   20:  216              9
   15:  155              9
   10:  143              9
    6:    1              1
    2:    1              1
Total:  671     0       44         0  Total Score = 147,048

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I think VE activity was down again (maybe because I don't listen to the SSB
bands during the contest). I took more than one break because there wasn't
anyone left to work, in spite of both running and S&Ping.
(My first 'RAC' contest was the W/VE contest in Sept. 1957.)

Nary a peep from VE8 or VY0, and only 1 Q each with VO1 and VY2.

Finally got my 160m T-top vertical working, and without the plasma TV crap I
face on 80m, I did almost as well there. You should see the P3 display on 80m -
it really does look like an animated hooded monster.
A pox on random electronic radiation!

I think it's time to add an "assisted" category to the RAC contests.
I don't want to be lumped in with a multi-op station that has unlimited fresh
bodies to man/scan the bands - a totally different situation.

The new Flex 6300 was used on 6m only - it's waaaayyy too awkward to be a
serious contest radio, IMHO. I wish I had my 756 Pro III back.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, P3, KPA500