[3830] ARRL 10 EA7KW SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 30 08:16:34 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: EA7KW
Operator(s): EA7KW
Station: EA7KW

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Sevilla

   CW: 1363   166
  SSB:  996   166
-------------------
Total: 2359   332  Total Score = 2,471,408

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

I would like to draw attention to the American stations on 10m scatter towards
Europe. Once the direct propagation Europe-North_America by F2 goes off, from
here you can hear for hours until past local midnight (23Z), many stations by
scatter, coast to coast, from the PNW to Florida, skewed path towards South
America. Only those who had their antennas to the southwest came stronger and
could be worked easily.

The first night, besides S. Am., there were a couple of openings via the long
path to Asia. During the middle of the day There was a superb propagation to
all parts of the globe, European stations on skip showed doubled and even
tripled echoes due to multipath, making it very difficult to decipher the CW
serial numbers. Some, very cleverly, spaced enough the figures avoiding signs
to be mixed. Having 3 selectable antennas in different directions also help.

The first day, at the best NA propagation peak (+250 Q/h on average), there was
a power outage in the area due to the storm that lashed the region. I lost the
best three hours. Later I had several more blackouts on Saturday and Sunday.

A little demoralized I decided to take a long siesta from midnight to dawn,
sacrificing the possible JA LP. On Sunday the conditions were not as great as
in the previous day, ending the direct F2 to North America earlier than
expected. With patience I tried to work via scatter every American who came
with enough strength to be heard.

Despite the drawbacks I had a great time as always. This new category UNLIMITED
is very funny.

Thank you all.

Jose Ramon Hierro, EA7KW

FT1000 MKV + OM Power amp.