[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR(@K5KG) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 1 23:28:04 EST 2014

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC+NCC+Friends East

Comments:

With my wife retiring in January, we've had the fun of becoming snowbirds down
here in Florida. Originally our daughter was scheduled to come down this
weekend, but they had to cancel at the last minute, leaving me with an open
Saturday evening. George, K5KG, was graciously willing to have me stop by to
ensure Florida was represented (I missed FL September!)

Heard but not: worked BC, IA, and DE. Never heard AL, AR,WV, VT, NE, ND, WY.

A lot of fun, although George's 40 meter beam is broke, so I had to settle for
a less rock crushing signal on 40, sharing a dipole through a tuner for 80 and
40, which also made QSYing a bit tedious. Still a lot of fun working the
contest from a new part of the world.

73  -  Jim  K8MR