[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SS LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 11:40:10 EST 2014

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa

---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Back the "Relaxed School of Operating".

Decided to experiment with SLOW SPEED Sprinting. After years of playing in the
faster lanes, thought it might be interesting to view the SPRINT from the
perspective of about 15WPM.

Learned:

Very few will answer a 15 wpm CQ (unless its a needed mult).  Called quite a
few CQs right adjacent to QRO QRQ CQers who just kept CQing.  Pretty much
invisible to most when in the slow lane, even though I know i was loud enough
to be heard well.  There were some sharp hunters who found me on both bands,
kudos to them.

Only found a few others at the same speed.  Was combing the band for less than

30WPM CQs and there werent many. Counted TWO other 15wpm CQers total.

Stayed at the same speed for 2 hours. Equal opportunity slow speed QSOs.

Best luck way up high and way down low in the bands. Found some QRP and slower
Qs up above 055 and below 030. Wound up working someone in VT QSO party ? whose
exchange was his county. (he kept sending WA, and I kept saying RRRR..finally
figured out it was his county).. Also took time to eek out a few QSOs with a
few QRP boys up on 14060 as well.

Wanted to see what being on 20 while almost everyone had left to 40, was like,
and as expected it was just the SO2R guys scraping for leftovers and
newbies.... which included me.

All in all an interesting experiment.  Wont make it a habit....but it was FUN!

73
danWA K7SS
GO HAWKS !