[3830] XE RTTY K4GMH HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 13:19:34 EST 2014

                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

   80:   19     9
Total:  222    97  Total Score = 60,722

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Nice Contest.  Propagation was okay as 10 m was open when I tried it on Sunday
morning (LT).  Low bands were somewhat noisy from local weather, but
propagation was good.

Fifteen meters was interesting with FT5ZM also on the band.  Kept trying to
work stations that I thought were answering my CQ, but must have been trying to
work FT5ZM.  Thought 12 KHz would be far enough away from FT5ZM to not be
bothered by "UP" crowd.  Took me about 2 minutes to realize the
stations that were dropping their call on my CQ freq. were there trying to work
the FT5.

Several problems that showed up in previous contest have been fixed - bearing
replaced in the blower and intermittent drop out of one of the radios was
fixed.  Still have the issue of 2 Tone locking up along with the band map
showing weird freq. and no spots until stop xmitting.  Still looking for
answers for the 2 Tone and band map issues.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH