[3830] RTTY WPX S51A(@S53APR) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 9 20:52:56 EST 2014

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: S51A
Operator(s): S50LD S50P S51F S51ZJ S55O
Station: S53APR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: JN76GC

   40: 1080

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
   3,5     546    2322  171
     7    1080    5162  374
    14     684    1588  154
    21     812    2161  219
    28     243     688   60
 Total    3365   11921  978
Score: 11.658.738

Mission accomplished! Remade totally the antenna switching control using 4o3a
filter with 2x power combiners to feed the tribanders. Wow not a beep using hp
on RTTY on them between 20/15/10m bands and over 2kW of combined power from the
two PA.What a piece of art!Not a few years ago running m/2 with 2 tribanders
wouldn't allow for both of the stations to use them both as they please in
every combination they need. Lots of grounding to the whole switching plate,
but it works as it should.

We opted to go over the existing multi twos5 record and we did it. Of course
there was A flare :) it ALWAYS is. But on the other hand, it caused 10m to get
to USA...was it good or bad, we don't know. Station A had 1,5kW, station B had
700W max.

Great fun with the team, some visitors came to chat with the idle op's. Anyway
we were busy. The 2 el moxon for 40m worked really well. No technical problems
at all, just some minor RF issues with the keyboards...

I'm happy to work with such great guys and gal's...it's always fun at the end
with a great sense of accomplishment. My special thanks goes to Kristjan s50xx
for answering the last minute help desk call before the contest!

Congratulations to all and thanks for all the qso's. Log on lotw shortly.

We love this game, till the next big one!

For the S51A team

Bostjan - Ian S55O