[3830] RTTY WPX NA0CW(@W0LSD) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 08:59:25 EST 2014

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NA0CW
Operator(s): N0KE W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

At our latitude in CO the solar conditions were a mixed bag. 10 was open but
high A/K levels seemed to affect 20 the most. We had multiple decoders (DXP38,
2Tone and MMTTY) and we needed them all! 2Tone seemed to come through the most,
but the others were needed too, having several to choose from sure cut down on
the repeats. It was interesting to see how the decoders responded to some
watery/polar flutter signal degrading. We had to turn off the skimmer as there
were so many spots where the station did not exist on the frequency spotted.
Band map was too "optimistic" with calls. Thanks to all for the Qs.