[3830] RTTY WPX NR4M M/U HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 11:48:29 EST 2014

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): K7SV K4GM NR4M KK4RTF KA4RRU NN4RB K4SO K4EC K3UI KD4AKC G2YL KC4QP W4IM K4MIL N3ZV
Station: NR4M

Class: M/U HP
QTH: VA

   40: 1141
   20: 1107
   15: 1251

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow!  What a weekend.

Found the bands extremely friendly, so everyone found a place to operate.
There seemed to be an almost limitless supply of new stations the whole
weekend.

Had two operators who had never operated RTTY at all, and one other that had
done so one a limited, casual basis.  Two others had never operated from the
Goat Farm before, so there was there was a bit of a 'learning curve' for
several ops.

The only problem we had was that we lost our Internet connectivity at abt noon
local time on Sunday, so for the last 7 hours we had no direct connection. A
couple of the ops wound up connecting to various spot sources via their smart
phones, standing by the stations, calling out needed calls and their
frequencies.  Kinda reminded me of the days of VHF FM simplex spotting
networks...

Even with that issue, we were able to make about 10% more Q's(5K+,)about 5%
more mults and about 10% higher claimed score from last year.

Nice to work familiar calls.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.

73 de Steve, NR4M and the whole Goat Farm gang.