[3830] RTTY WPX NN4RB SOAB(TS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 12:43:22 EST 2014

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6:23

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I took advantage of an invitation to visit the the NR4M "Goat Farm" on
Friday and came back Saturday at 7:30. I worked some contacts Friday night on 15
meters.  I went to bed around 11PM, but sleep was not good.  I got up at 5AM.
Worked some more on 15 meters and later on 20 meters.  Longest butt in chair
time was 2 hours - that is long for me! Probably worked about 5 hours all
together.  Steve and the rest of the hams were great and I enjoyed my visit.  I
learned a lot and got over some anxiety.  I traveled the 3 hours back on late
Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning I got up (late) and listen some and started some searching and
pouncing as I learned more about RTTY with my setup.  I finally started running
late in the contest.  I made some mistakes, however I did not panic.

Station
  Rig is Icom IC-746  (FSK Mode)
  Antennas Used
    OCF Dipole (270') at about 44' high
    Mosley TA-33Jr at about 40' high
  Interface to computer is homebrew

Did not have any assistance in spotting - need to work on that!

Ready for the next one!

NN4RB