[3830] RTTY WPX IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) SOSB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 10 17:28:14 EST 2014

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: IW1AYD
Operator(s): IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Bra

   40: 1097

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

As usual it was a great time with all, 40m went never fully silent. Tu all.
Something was to do at each time. The K3 worked well as usual, the two elements
for 40m is on a shared mast with our main 20m beam. having also a friend that
worked out 20m HP SOSB was sometime hard but friendship sorted it all out. Not
having enough operators to do it as MS or M2 we had to fold back on two SOSB
stations. Great experience! Hope that we could be back on these categories next
year with IQ1RY.

This was just my second SOSB in 4 years. The first was a SARTG on 20m, a pretty
hot August I will not forgot it. Quite as this was a pretty cold CQ WPX RTTY,
referring to our seasonal WX in Italy, even the PA seemed cold. At the and it
was raining and snowing, just when we went back at home in the early morning.

Each moment at the radio was quite interesting but a tiring week asked its
money back. Some trills from my Far East. Those operators had the patience to
call me and come back on my frantic AGN AGN. I have serious QRM at times. There
was a station coming near me every five minutes. Some one from my North was also
terribly large and quite well decodable even at two KHz. But no way to move in a
very crowded band. Sorry not to have sort out all of the callers, TU hope to
CUAGN.
JAs operators did as usual a great job, my pleasure as usual. Even in the
second day evening. W land was present at all, i was seeing a lot of well known
call signs. I ended up the contest on the US RTTY portion of the band but as
usual, when late the second day, CQing was quite not paying. So I was a
travelling soul in the last hours of the WPX. None in the EU was practically
decodable at that time, I had from all EU the worst signals since ever. They
sounded like usually sound Alaska here. It was more hard to S&P EU than the
W land since 2 hours before the end of the contest.
TU all for those almost two days of pure joy. TU also to all the IQ1RY group
and some other fiends, usually here as guests, to leave us alone doing all
this.

A 48H timed CQ WPX RTTY would be even more interesting, may I vote for it. As I
would do for the WAE RTTY and other time "restricted" contests. JARTS
model is much better, isn't? Maybe with some different, shorter categories ...

Lot of dupes, but I wasn't worried at all. Someone may be went back not giving
the answer after the on-line check. Well it's not a problem here, don't be
afraid.

Several EU went calling during QSO exchanges, someone nor even being there with
my TU NOW, that's a bad practice. I could understand that it's not easy to be on
time forever but running away is really wrong, double mistake.

   Ciao, 73 de iw1ayd Salvo