[3830] ARRLDX CW AB3CX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 19:16:15 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AB3CX
Operator(s): AB3CX
Station: AB3CX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WNY

   20: 1033    95
Total: 3566   431  Total Score = 4,610,838

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

THIS WAS LIKE THREE CONTESTS, PRE GEOMAGNETIC STORM, DURING, AND AFTER.
Conditions were terrific leading up to Saturday afternoon, but deteriorated
sharply, making the low bands pretty painful to listen to or make progres on
Saturday night.  I should have done more on 160M Friday night, but hindsight is
better than foresight. By Sunday morning, all was good again.  Another limiting
factor for me was that one of my 2 rotors was frozen in place, so I had no
rotating antenna for 10, 15 or 40M that was pointed anywhere except EU.
Despite that, many mults were still possible, leaving the far east for the most
part on the table on 15 and 10M.  Plenty of good times.