[3830] ARRLDX CW W4YY(@K4VV) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 19:41:10 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4YY
Operator(s): W3UL K4XD W4NA N9NC W0YR
Station: K4VV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA

  160:    5     5
   15:  664   103
   10:  464   101
-------------------
Total: 2458   455  Total Score = 3,353,805

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a difficult weekend.  It started with a major and crippling snow storm.
 We could not drive up to the shack.  Two of our ROs (Remote Operators--one in
NH and the other in NC), who would have contributed in a major way by remote
operation had to give up after only a few QSO because of a crippling Internet
problem.  Last week, things were spectacular for the remote ops but this week,
something changed.  The IT guys are on the case and hope to find the cause and
a solution, soon.

In-Shack operators (ISOs)racked experienced wonderful band conditions and great
performance by the station (Jack Hammett's K4VV).  Thanks to Tom-K6CT for the
use of the wonderful W4YY call sign.

All this took place during and immediately after the crippling snow storm.
W4NA, W3UL and W0YR trudged through 24"-deep snow to get to the shack.

Everything worked fine (except the Internet connection).

Big thanks to the support team of N4PD, AI1V, W5ODJ, W4GOV and others who put
in long hours to make things work.

Thanks for all the Qs.