[3830] ARRLDX CW W5JR SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 20:10:53 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5JR
Operator(s): W5JR
Station: W5JR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA

  160:    8     8
Total:  861   297  Total Score = 767,151

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

New location, needs more wires.  New bugs to work out under HF high power.
First night was pretty low noise on 80/160 but not many DX stations on 160.
Second night was very noisy here.  Really surprised by 15m Q's as I don't have
a 15m antenna but the tuner handled the OCF.  Highlight was hearing my new
friend Kent / KH6CJJ on 20m for a brief Q.

More Q's than last year but fewer countries, especially on 80 & 160 and
slightly lower score.  Next year I'll be operating from KH6 something for this
contest.

IC-756ProII, wires in the woods - OCF @ 60', 160m Inv L, power by Alpha, N1MM,
W4AX skimmer