[3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 20:22:38 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: MD

Total:  408    78  Total Score = 95,004

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, what a difference a day makes. The second night was BRUTAL. I am SORRY to
all the Eu guys that I tried to work before 0000Z on the second night; the
QRN/QSB/noise was so bad I thought it might be best to turn off the rig and
call it a night. But for some reason I kept at it. My sunrise was great, lots
of JAs made up for the lack of Eu on the second night.

I almost ALWAYS operate assisted; I thought I would try this out for
comparison. Still not sure how I feel; if there were at SOSB40A I would do it
(last year I did just that, only to find out there is no such category!). I
wonder how many Qs/mults I missed without Skimmer. I guess I will find out with
other scores.

Thanks for the QSOs, conditions really stunk here. Too bad.

Paul K3STX
Kenwood TS-590S; Ameritron AL-811 400 watts
40 M dipole up 50' to Eu; Pennant ant to Eu
100' long dipole up 50' N/S for SA/Asia