[3830] ARRLDX CW W4VIC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 21:05:03 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   10     9
Total:  278   123  Total Score = 102,582

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

ICOM IC-756 PRO III, MicroKeyer II, ACOM 2000A, N1MM, SteppIR DB-18 @50'

Got a very late start.  Worked a little on 15 M but band was gone.  Came back
to 15M on Sunday mid-morning and RF into the shack really scrambled N1MM ESM
functioning.  it matters where the beam is pointed on 15M!  Abandoned 15M!

8.25 hours wasn't much of an effort for this event -- but with computer issues
and an antenna mast rotated in the mast mount -- too much to compensate for.

I'm really developing hard feelings for those ops who run and seldom give their
call signs.  Maybe they have 'a following' and can run faster if nobody but
somebody who heard them give a call sign 10 minutes ago knows who they are, but
for the most part, I gave up after two or three Qs completed and no call sign.
I don't like to call blind -- really try not to do it, but I may have to do
that and encounter the dupes as they happen.  I'm not waiting around to make a
Q when the band is full of good signals. And I don't like being held up.  On a
good band I can maintain a pretty decent rate.  Yeah, I'm a S & P'er.

Thanks for the Qs.  Vic, W4VIC