[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 21:08:57 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RV
Operator(s): K1RV
Station: K1RV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ABINGTON, MA

Total: 1005   402  Total Score = 1,212,030

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoyed this one. Condx were quite good and only problem was a logging
computer that kept crashing (4 times) requiring a re-boot. Also had to lose
some operating time while cleaning up from Saturday's snowstorm.

Rig is K3, P3, KPA500 and antenna is Steppir BigIR vertical and 160 meter
inverted L. Worked just about everyone I heard and was pleasantly surprised in
the pileups with the performance of the BigIR vs my previous QTH with tower and
TH-11. The sunspots definitely helped make it happen!

Pi-K1RV