[3830] ARRLDX CW N7GP(N5IA) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 21:58:00 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N7GP

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: AZ - DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

  160:  66     37
   80:   -      -
   40:   -      -
   20:   -      -
   15:   -      -
   10:   -      -
-------------------
Total:  66     37  Total Score = 7,326

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This one was much poorer than last year.  In 2013 I was able to put in 10 hours
of operating time the first night before getting sick.  That effort yielded 100
Q's and 43 mults for a claimed score of 12,771.  With the sickness, no 2nd night
operation was done.

This year I was available to operate fully both nights but it was not necessary
as the band did not cooperate.  The 8 hours is the sum total of operating time
for both nights.

Under really adverse conditions where some contacts required 5-10 minutes to
receive all the information, the following DX entities were contacted.  The
number indicates if more than 1 station was contacted in that DX entity.

6Y, 9A, 9Y, C6, CN, CT, CT3, EA-5, F-3, G-2, GW, HC, HK-2, HL, J3, JA-12,
KH6-2, KL-2, KP2-3, KP4-2, OM, P4-2, PJ2, PJ4, PJ5, PY, TI, UA9-2, V2, V3,
VP2E, VP5, VP9, XE-2,YN, ZF-2, ZL-2.

All of the EU contacts were difficult with the exception of TM6M when he was
already in daylight.  You know the Pacific isn't going to do much when HL5IVL
is barely workable.

Thanks for all the Q's and for the tremendous effort of F6BLP and OM7M who hung
with me through dozens of repeats.

Let's all hope for better conditions in the CQ 160 SSB this next weekend.

73 de Milt, N5IA, operator of N7GP