[3830] ARRLDX CW P40LE(K2LE) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 08:04:55 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: P40LE
Operator(s): K2LE
Station: P49V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AE=RUBA

  160:    3     3
   15: 1049    58
Total: 3665   281  Total Score = 3,089,895

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

It was an interesting weekend.

Since none of my partners could show up for an planned M/S effort, I found
myself alone at P49V's QTH. The 40 m beam was intermittent, so it was and was
logical to do a single band (15 m) contest, which I never did before here.
Therefore, I did not even bother to rebuild the Beverage antenna  ( NOT AS EASY
TASK).
One hour into the contest, the band went dead, and I was getting ready spend
the next approx. 12 hours reading a book and sleep.
But. listening on the other bands, decided to play around, not as serious
competition
just for fun. and it WAS fun. Got some good runs on all bands, except 160,
where I could not hear any signals.
Funniest thing: AI6V and AI6YL  both worked me at their QTH from their home in
Nevada, and W1VE was at MY station in  snowy VT (multi-single for 9.8 M pts)
Almost a full circle..TNX for Carl and Sue for the use of t.he house
Andy K2LE