[3830] ARRLDX CW EF8USA(EA8AY) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 16:05:29 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EF8USA
Operator(s): EA8AY
Station: EA8AY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TENERIFE

Total: 3292   283  Total Score = 2,788,965

Club: Los Chachos Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for qso,s, a great time doing cw as ever and a lots of friends on air.
Really here a lot of problems,strong rain and wind all weekend. My qth is in a
remote place in north of my island with difficult access. I miss my 160m before
the contest begin and the first night the wind break my 40/80m vertical and I
can put on air again a few hours later in the night, Im alone in this qth and I
need to stop the contest for repair. The spiderbeam was all contest very low,
abt only 3 meters high for the strong wind. For all this Im very happy with the
results.

My rig: icom 7410. Antenas: spiderbeam 10-15-20. Vertical fishing pole coax
trap 40/80 homemade.
Some video here: http://vimeo.com/86745967. More info soon in www.ea8ay.com.

Thanks to my good friend Jose Cruz for the video and Mike W2GR.
CU next contest, for my WPX CW.