[3830] ARRLDX CW K0TV M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 22:24:20 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): NB1N K1BG K1WD KB1SNB NM1C W1END K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: FN42hr

   20: 1520   115
   15: 1387   111
   10: 1177   105
-------------------
Total: 5024   531  Total Score = 7,987,302

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions this year were outstanding and everyone here had a great time. We
welcomed K1WD back to the team after he took a few years off. Two new
operators, KB1SNB and NM1C came to the station for the first ARRL DX CW contest
for both of them. NB1N came through in exciting style running 15 meters both
days.

We had a snowstorm two days before the contest and I was unable to get the
walkway cleared so the trudge to the shack door involved going through a foot
of snow. Everyone who came is to be commended for the effort.

We decided to pass on M/2 this time and go M/M for the extra points. With only
three stations we are competing against much larger stations in this category.
We're in it for the fun and everyone sure had lots of fun.

MVP for this contest goes to NB1N for braving the snow storm on Thursday to
drop off his K3 to complement the station equipment. He also made 1225 of our
QSOs. We were very happy to have Sandor operating here and we look forward to
seeing him again in the fall.

Thanks for everyone who called in and we'll look for everyone in two weeks for
the SSB weekend.

73, Jerry - K0TV