[3830] ARRLDX CW ED7P(@EA7PP) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 19 08:10:00 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ED7P
Operator(s): EA7KW EA7PP EA7RM
Station: EA7PP

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IM77CF

   40: 1194    58
   20: 1217    58
   15: 1477    58
   10: 1179    58
-------------------
Total: 5572   317  Total Score = 5,296,119

Due to family affairs our host Pepe, EA7PP, once the set up was finished, he
couldn't operate during the entire contest. In spite of that we decided to run
M2 as initially planned.

For different reasons during 13 hours there was only 1 station running and for
almost 5 hours none. Needless to say we ended up shattered ;-), I'm getting old
for this marathon type...

Nothing to do with big stations in rare locations, CN2AA and CR3L, it was
particulary challenging to watch at the on-line scores (cqcontest.ru) the
dog-fight with our closets rivals in Europe IR1Y, SK3W and DL1A, thank you
guys!

A couple of solar CME were forecasted to hit the Earth at any time during
Saturday. The Aurora was sticked up in the North, so the top band figures were
going to make a gap between us. Winter Sporadic E was around 10m during the 2
days, hearing close EU countries booming off the back. Probably this was the
reason why our most favoured band didn't make the expected difference.

Definitelly ED7P is not a fancy call for contest. While S&P'n half of the
stations didn't get the call at first, even keying at 28 wpm.

As it happened often, few seconds after a mistaken spot as an "8",
ED8P suddenly produced an unexpected big pile-up at the second afternoon and a
bunch of duplicates. A Good Samaritan's spot correction afterwards don't work
as most people don't see on screen an already worked country or QSO.

We did not hear a single VO1/VO2 on any band.

57 stations worked on 6 bands: AA1K, AA2A, AA3B, AA9A, AC4G, K0DQ, K0KX, K0TV,
K0ZR, K1AR, K1RX, K1VW, K2QMF, K2TE, K3EL, K3LR, K3WA, K5ZD, K8AZ, K9MA, K9NW,
KB1EFS, KB1H, KI1G, KN2M, N0NI, N1RR, N1UR, N2IC, N2NT, N3BNA, N3QE, N3ZA,
N5AW, N9CK, NE3F, NF1O, NJ1F, VA2WA, VE3JM, VE3YAA, VE9ML, W0AIH, W1NT, W1UE,
W1VE, W2FU, W2LK, W2YC, W3LPL, W4RM, W6AAN, W8MJ, W9JP, WE3C, WX0B, XL3A.

Thanks to everybody for calling us.

73 de EA7KW

Station:
Inverted L on 160, no rx-ant.
Inverted V on 80.
2 ele on 40
2 tribanders for 10-15-20
4 ele for 15
6 ele for 10

FT1000 MK5 and TS590 rigs - OM POWER and TL922 amps

CU in the phone part