[3830] ARRLDX CW IR4M M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 20 07:12:02 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: IR4M
Operator(s): HB9CAT IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IK4UNH IK4WMH IV3ZXQ
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo (FC)

   20: 1119    58
   15: 1001    58
Total: 4432   296  Total Score = 3,935,616

Great conditions on high bands, with the best 10m opening we can
remember. It's fantastic to hear W6/7's so loud for so long!

Quite the opposite must be said for 80 and 160m, which were generally in
bad shape. On top-band, due to poor conditions we stupidly missed the
short opening during the first night, hoping to see better signals the
night after. Big mistake! Conditions on Saturday night were even
worse... lesson learned.
Top-band must have been quite noisy also on the U.S. end, as we lost
some mults who couldn't hear us.

The competition on cqcontest.net was nice as usual, with our friends at
OM7M and the solid E7DX team! Good job guys!!

It's a pity to see this amazing tool still so underused.
Standing at the window, just watching the competitors, looks like there
is something to hide...

Ok, you want to keep your strategy secret, but, at least in CW, the
reversebeacon network can catch you everywhere after the first CQ.

We don't understand why some teams entered (manually and sporadically)
only the total score data. We are pretty sure that Wintest is able to do
it automatically... or not? (Bad internet connection? :)

Finally, it's unbelievable how this year we had no snow but sunny and
warm weather! During the last few years, during ARRL we always had snow
(2 meters in 2012)!

                              IR4M TEAM