[3830] CQ160 SSB SE0X(SM0MDG) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 23 18:41:12 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: SE0X
Operator(s): SM0MDG
Station: SE0X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stockholm
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 436  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 49  Total Score = 109,450

I aimed for the SM record in Low Power and ended up with almost twice the score.
Last year I had 130k in HP assisted using 400 watts, so I am very pleased with
the result.

Propagation was weak the first night, very little DX and not a single K or VE
station heard. Worked a few AS in the 3000 km range and in the morning KP4KE
who has vy good ears.

Second night propagation improved a little and a few K's where heard. But I was
only able to make it through to Jeff VY2ZM on PEI. Peter K3ZM was the strongest
NA station with a real 59 at my SR, but I could not crack through his pile. The
Briggs brothers where emitting 90% of the NA RF picked up here! Everyone else
"over there" was weak.

The contest was run via remote using pre-recorded voice prompts overnight. N1MM
is hooked up to the remote radio via Remoterig's serial server. Commands travel
back and forth and a lag is introduced. The lag is obvious when tuning the
radio manually and it slows down S&P a little. But its a small price to pay
for the convenience of the much more comfortable remote shack.

Overall a fun contest and no snow shovelling needed. Thanks to everyone in the
log!

Equipment:
K3<>K3/0 and a Top loaded vertical with 2 elevated radials
Pennants + a Clifton Labs active vertical for Diversity RX
Remoterig modem and a Behringer USB mixer for audio routing
Lots of coffee and Redbull :)