[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad KE0G QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 23 22:11:24 EST 2014

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 21

Call: KE0G
Operator(s): KE0G
Station: KE0G

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Awwwwwww.  ke0g down, but not out.  Had a blizzard, starting with wet, heavy
snow that stuck to everything, then froze, then 50+ mph winds, and my two
dipoles up 50' were at 0'.  A 60' support made of guyed pipe collapsed under
the weight, after being up since 2006, and surviving 70+ mph summer storms
twice.  A 45' pole was bent over like a fishing pole with a big one on the
line.  The icing plus winds were too much this time.  "If it stayed up all
winter, it wasn't big enough."  It'll be bigger and better when spring
comes.  For now, I have the two 74' dipoles strung temporarily now at about 25
- 30', so will observe the difference next NS.  73,  Dan  ke0g