[3830] CQ160 SSB WW8OH(@AC8GX) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 24 02:22:19 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WW8OH
Operator(s): W3HKK N8WL WA8PGE KD8TIZ AC8GX
Station: AC8GX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Lancaster Oh (AC8GX)

Total:  QSOs = 741  State/Prov = 61  Countries = 7  Total Score = 97,966

Club: Central Ohio Operators Klub Extra - Novice (COOKEN)

Comments:

2014 was not the sucess we had hoped for even with a modest station consisting
of an Yaesu FT 2000, Ameritron 811HD, Palstar AT2K, and 630' loop at an Average
of 60 feets in rectangular pattern and K9AY Recieving antenna.

Like everyone in the eastern portion of the U.S. we all suffered from fairly
significant QRN and static crashes on the first night it also appeared around
2200 hrs local the band had bottomed out for a little over an hour. Although
the condition were not anywhere near ideal, we managed to maintain a 40 QSO /
Hr Rate till midnite with a drop off after 0200 hrs local.

In the first night the QRN being what it was, we had numerous signal that were
heard but unable to work, which certianly contributed to our not reaching our
goal we had set for this year.

The second night we experienced far better band conditions and making all
signal far more readable over the first night, allowing a few DX Stations to be
worked.

We will tweak the station in the coming year in hopes of better results and far
better band conditions next....hi hi

In the end we had a great time and look forward to next year!!!

Looking forward to working you all again next year

73's From the gang at Central Ohio Operators Klub Extra - Novice (COOKEN)
W3HKK Bob
WA8PGE Fred
KD8TIZ Bob
N8WL Steve