[3830] NCQP K4QPL SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 24 09:15:24 EST 2014

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: PENder

   80:   60      0      0
   40:  117     46      0
   20:  130    100      0
   15:    5      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  312    146      0  Mults = 0  Total Score = 119,416

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Original plan was expedition to rare counties but crewing at NY4A for ARRLDX CW
and work didn't leave enough prep time. Plan B was activate Pender County from
our beach cottage on Topsail Island. Got antennas put up on Saturday and the
contest was a blast. Great participation in state, out of state and DX. Thanks
to the NCQP organizers for really getting the word out. There were a LOT of
counties activated by mobiles, expeditions and locals. The pileups on 20M SSB
gave this mostly CW op a workout. Especially trying to type with one hand and
holding a hand mic in the other with peak rates over 200! Thanks to all for
their patience and apologies to a number of DX stations I just couldn't pull
out although I did get a DL, EA and I in the log.

Equipment: TS-480SAT, 80-40 trap dipole; 20M dipole, both at about 25' (8M) and
about 20' (6M) from the water. Hustler 4BTV vertical mounted on boat dock.
Fortunately the winds weren't strong and didn't have to use the mobile
hamsticks clamped to the boat lift. Logging: N1MM

See you next year!

73,

Jim, K4QPL