[3830] CQ160 SSB VE6JY Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 24 13:32:28 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE6JY
Operator(s): VE6JY
Station: VE6JY

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Ab

Total:  QSOs = 9  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 2  Total Score = 450

After a dismal first evening, the thought to wait until the next night it
couldn't be much worse!   Well so much for that.

When conditions are good we hear the first signs of contest activity at 2200
but this time nothing until maybe 0330.  I didn't bother calling anyone until
around 0730 - HK1NA was loud and heard me right away so I figured I better try
a few more. Same with XE1RCS. That was the only DX heard and worked. Really
only heard a handful of stations with any decent strength.  Tried for a sweep
of the ZM boys, no problems with K3ZM or KK6ZM but VY1ZM stopped transmitting
just as I was lining up on him.  But with his QRN noise level it might not have
worked anyway. Besides there was plenty of time to work everyone on the second
night.

Well, night two brought no signals until maybe around 0700 and they were
already in the log (both of them!) so I didn't waste any more effort.  Maybe
next year!

73 Don
VE6JY