[3830] CQ160 SSB KD2FIX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 26 22:11:36 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KD2FIX
Operator(s): KD2FIX
Station: KD2FIX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NY

Total:  QSOs = 211  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 5  Total Score = 21,428

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PROIII, AL-1200, bent dipole @35'

First 160 contest for my 11 yr old son Leo.  He had a lot of fun and is looking
forward to ARRL DX and CQ WPX SSB where he will be operating MS with his older
brother Sam KD2EZL and me using the call WN2O.

It was very interesting watching what happened when a new callsign to the
contesting world (not in SCP yet) went on the air.  Many people busted his call
onto the cluster resulting in a high amount of dupes when he was running. He
also had to repeat his call many times when S&Ping.  He can't wait to
upgrade to Extra and get a shorter call!

73 Mike N2GC for Leo KD2FIX