[3830] RTTY Roundup VK3TDX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 5 19:13:29 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VK3TDX
Operator(s): VK3TDX
Station: VK3TDX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne

Total:  556  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 54  Total Score = 55,600

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

A good, fun weekend of RTTY tones!  Supurb SFI over 200 all weekend with amazing
night time multi band openings.

At 2 AM local time ten meters surprised me with EU sigs still coming through
and a shock working P49X on long path in the middle of the night! 15 meters
still was open with with strong long path sigs from SA still coming through
when I fell asleep at 3 AM - very, very rare in VK3.

Lots of fun working NA on 20 meter LP during VK3 mornings bringing a lot of
surprises to US ops pointing to EU hearing a VK.  Sadly very few VE's came
through here however.

The cycle will likely be down from here on so this one will remain a happy
memory. Thanks to all who made this a great weekend.
73  Steve VK3TDX