[3830] RTTY Roundup K4GMH SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 5 19:38:02 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA

Total: 2251  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 72  Total Score = 294,881

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was interesting with the nice propagation on
the higher HF bands and low noise on the lower
HF bands.  Several stations were worked on 5 bands
and a number of other stations on 4 bands.

Started out slow since had to take 2 hours at the
start to fix an antenna switch.  When finally got to
the Contest seemed like I never could catch up.
Still put in a bit over 23 hours in the Contest, just
seem like I was always playing catch up due to the
loss of the two hours at the start of the Contest.

Did use MMTTY and 2 Tone RTTY engines. MMTTY
worked flawlessly while 2 Tone would randomly hang
up from, what I guess, is RFI getting into the computer.
This was the first time experiencing 2 Tone acting up.
Tried an earlier version of 2 Tone, but didn't make
any difference.

All in all, okay with my results for the Contest.

Thanks to everyone who were kind enough to work me.
All QSOs are appreciated.

HNY

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH