[3830] RTTY Roundup AC0C Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 5 23:42:48 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas

Total: 1979  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 62  Total Score = 239,459

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the Qs!

The first day was a dream.  Lower bands were a bit noisy with the weather here
but settled down about 9PM and were quiet onward.  Ran at nearly 100Q/hr for
most of the session.  No significant gear or other problems.  Sweet!  Pointed
the beam NE in case we had some unplanned ice overnight.  And hit the rack.

Sleeping was the break Murphy needed!  When I woke up, expecting to take
advantage of the very nice falling A-index and great SFI, I found the bands
strangely weak despite the fantastic numbers.  And thanks apparently to the
falling temps overnight, the new T2X rotor installed this fall was locked up
causing the GH controller to pop fuses.  Ran the rest of the contest beaming
NE; not too bad as luck goes.

Struggled to keep rate up all the rest of the day even though 15/20 felt busy.
10m ran out of gas here very early; 15 and 20 stayed strong but after pulling
everything I thought I could get out of these two bands, I ran 20/40.  It's
been a long time since I've seen 40m so busy in the pre-dusk hours so I assume
a lot of other guys were having the same band experience.

Hope the cycle can hang in there for the upcoming Feb WPX contest.

Please find the shack description here:  www.qrz.com/db/AC0C

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com