[3830] RTTY Roundup K2PO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 6 00:40:43 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon

Total: 1750  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 58  Total Score = 203,000

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time and good activity.  My best RTTY effort.

AB3UM gave me the DC multiplier just 18 minutes into the contest - a good omen.
 (The tough states here were Mississippi and Vermont - 'worked only one of
each.)

Although my QSO count is up 50+% from last year, my DX mults are down, from 68
to 58.  I'm not sure what that's about, but I see that W7RN's country count
also fell by 10 (from 70 in 2013 to 60 this year), so I figure it wasn’t
me...

8% of my contacts were Europeans.  Despite the propagation challenges from here
in the Northwest: crossing the North American continent, the polar region, and
the Atlantic, to get a European mult, versus simply reflecting off the Pacific
a few times to get an Asian or Oceanic mult, the former out-numbered the latter
31 to 11 in my log.

The propagation wasn't quite as good as the spectacular solar numbers might
indicate.  For example, the 10m opening to Europe here netted just 2 stations
(both in France).  I also worked only two Europeans on 40m (down from 6 last
year).  10m shut way early on Sunday afternoon.

But the rate never dragged and the excitement never waned.

Tnx to all,

/Bill, K2PO
Portland, OR