[3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 6 12:33:35 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA

Total: 2057  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 62  Total Score = 246,840

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Congratulations to Fabi, VA2UP, for an excellent effort. When I saw the SFI go
up over 200 Saturday night I was got very excited. I thought I might have a
shot at the record and perhaps finally make that 2400 QSO and 300k point goal.
I thought 10 and 15 meters would be better - they were not. I expected a ten
meter meter band full of EU stations Sunday morning but it didn't happen. Ten
meters did not even open until well past 1400Z and then signals were weak.

When I saw 10M was going to be a flop and 15M was not as good as expected, I
lost all interest in the contest. I just couldn't get motivated and although I
kept slogging along, I realized I wasn't going anywhere. I had difficulty
maintaining rate on Sunday. The contest became difficult to operate and it was
no longer enjoyable. Thank goodness there was football to watch on TV! I'm glad
for Fabi because he wanted it more and he deserves to have a shot at the win. I
hope we does win.

After 26 years of doing the same thing, the Roundup has become boring to me.
This will probably be the last time I go "unassisted" in this
contest. Hopefully going "Unlimited" in the future will make the
contest more interesting and enjoyable. Yes, I believe it's time for a change!

73, Don AA5AU