[3830] RTTY Roundup KU5B(@NX5M) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 6 13:26:40 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B NX5M N5XJ KJ5T AD5OS
Station: NX5M

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Somerville, TX

Total: 1588  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 70  Total Score = 204,852

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Decided last minute to let the antennas do all the work this time. Turned out
that we were able to find and maintain run frequencies quite easily. Our track
record in NAQP has taught us that the station plays extremely well even at low
power. We used this partially as a test to make sure everything worked for the
upcoming NAQP's and partially because I really wanted to do it.

I'm really happy with the result as we're all pretty new to RTTY. Found some
things I can fix to make things more efficient for NAQP RTTY.

We ended up beating the West Gulf and STX MSLP records but were just shy of the
MSLP World record. Maybe next year!

Log will be on LotW today.

Colin KU5B