[3830] RTTY Roundup IQ1RY M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 7 07:24:34 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): IK1HXN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra

Total: 1485  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 73  Total Score = 191,565

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

We, Mario and I, enjoyed a lot being there. Even with the restrictive rules for
the M/S category.
Prop was somewhat strange. Some great and long run quite on each band. TF and
others in 80m: TU.
We missed or we just have had just one contact on a band with some friends.
Usually we get those more times on each band. But we had great RUN’s on each
band on times, heavy and long RUNs. I mean for more than 30 minutes, some last
around 60 minutes. Even on 10m, that was not that much easy this time even with
a lot of signals for the whole day, long skip but few answers for almost all the
day. Sorry for who left ours pileups unchecked but on times we had more than 3
callers together. Personally I‘d tried to do my best, waiting to pick up a
second or a third call out from the pile or I was coming out with partial call,
VE???. Just to pick up those callers that seemed struggling to come in. That was
also on 15m early morning with JA’s. We have had the pleasure to get a lot of
JA callers. Hope I don’t left anybody without QSO. 80m was a surprise, with a
lot of EU QSO’s and TF. This with the lower bands, 15/20m, still opened, even
if not workable �" nobody there was calling in, nor answering in S&P,
in the late contest time, 4/5 hours. 40m was a joy to S&P in the last hour,
lot of W land stations. No one was calling in when trying to RUN, so I left on
wheels calling everybody was there.
Configuration was the same as usual: two K3’s, N1MM Logger on each. Aerials
and place as on qrz.com. The WX was cold, also raining on Saturday and Sunday
night. All was pretty well working.
Too much peoples that say HNY, theirs macro sounded a time waste. Too much
people that still call in with OURCALL OURCALL DE CALL CALL. Just one OM wrote
PLEASE COPY, that even if deprecated is a pleasure to see, IMHO. A lot of OM
responded with the shortest 599 STATE STATE or NR NR, that’s good. I didn’t
try to short that much our first answer CALL 599-###-### IQ1RY. It seemed to be
positive at times for skimmer spotting and also pile up shuffling. By hands I
catted our last call sometimes but it didn’t help that much to speed up the
whole thing.
Thanks a lot to each one for calling us.

          73 & CU from the IQ1RY RTTY small bunch (IK1HXN Mario &
IW1AYD Salvo)