[3830] RTTY Roundup K9YC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 7 19:27:47 EST 2014

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV

Total: 1065  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 53  Total Score = 116,085

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I started this with great planning, hoping to put at least 23 hours in the
chair. Everything worked, even SO2R seemed to be clicking.  And then life got
in the way. My XYL returned from a Saturday afternoon movie with takeout dinner
for me, and walking up the steps to the shack to tell me it was there, she
tripped, fell, and did painful damage to the right hand that had been through
two surgeries to repair broken tendons. I took time off to take care of her and
put her to bed, then headed back to the shack.

We hoped that the RICE formula for things like this would settle it down (Rest,
Ice, Compression, Elevation), but after a near sleepless night, we realized she
needed to get to the Emergency Room. So RTTY RU ended for me around 1830Z. The
bad news is that there's a fracture, and she'll be severely limited for several
months; the good news is that everything else is OK.

Contest-wise, the highlight was a half dozen EU stations on 40 CW having G3ORY
call me around his sunrise at 00Z on 80M and completing the QSO.

73, Jim K9YC