[3830] NAQP CW W4GV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 01:03:14 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL

Total:  361   162  Total Score = 58,482

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #2

Comments:

I keep improving my score.  Almost double last Aug cw naqp - mostly because of
multipliers but I did get 82 more Q's.  As I improve my score, it'll get harder
and harder to do better the next time.  I probably need to come up with a band
strategy to maximize Qs and mults.  So far I've just been sorta haphazard in
band selection.
BTW - tnx to all for the QSO's.
Almost all S&P.  Surprised that 40 shutdown so early.  Very little activity
at 2300 local (0500Z).  Went there briefly to close out the night but switched
to 80 when pickings were slim on 40M.
Station - FTDX-9000D, PalStar HF-Auto Tuner, Mosley Pro-67B @ 40 ft, 80 mtr
dipole @ 35 ft, microHAM DigiKeyer II, MapleLeaf Studio "QSO-KING"
160-6 meters 1.5 KW end fed 120 ft sloper 38 ft high.
antenna, Heil Pro Set Elite, WriteLog Vr 11.15A.