[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 01:13:16 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC

  160:   10     9
Total:  929   216  Total Score = 200,664

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

SFI=166 K=4 A=1

I had quite a bit of fun on 10M and 15M -- so much that I blew a tire on 20M,
going there far too late to catch the peak action. Ended up with 65 fewer Qs
and 7 fewer mults on 20M than last year's personal best outing.

Staying on 20M to get what I could meant going to 40M late, too, but I made up
for that by staying on 40M a full hour longer than usual, bumping last year's
140 Qs and 42 mults to 201 Qs and 45 mults. Took my break as a 2-hour rest from
0230 to 0430z.

The 80M triangular array of verticals played well -- I managed 82 Qs and 36
mults this year in about 40 minutes less time that last year's 106 Qs and 33
mults.

The net result: exactly the same mults as last year, but 42 fewer contacts due
to my error going to 20M to0 late for rush hour.

Happy with how things went. Thanks to all for the contacts and NCJ for
sponsoring the NAQPs.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year  Qs   Mults  Score  January NAQP CW
========================
2014: 929  216   200,664
2013: 971  216   209,736
2012: 765  200   153,000