[3830] NAQP CW WX3B M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 01:29:38 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B NY3A
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 1+

  160:   0      0
   80:   6      5
   40:   0      0
   20:  42     25
   15:   1      1
   10:  27      9
-------------------
Total:  76     42  Total Score = 3,192

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This was the contest that just wasn't meant to be, for a variety of good
reasons.

The dream team of K3WI, N3KS, NY3A and WX3B intended to make a couple thousand
QSOs and enjoy good conditions, however we lost Bill K3WI when he got sick (he
is feeling better now), N3KS, NY3A and myself just weren't that into the
contest without all 4 of us.  Set up a 4 radio system with two run and two
pounce positions, and discovered a NASTY N1MM "feature" - a software
lock-out which totally defeated our ability to pounce effectively during our
testing.  So happy I discovered this while playing instead of during a real
contest.  Anyone who knows how to defeat that software protection - please
email me.

The surprise of the event was our ability to hear the louder stations on the
high bands while one radio was CQing on a different frequency.  This will come
in handy next weekend for SSB.

Thanks to Steve NY3A for coming over and helping me test out the new
configuration - I am already making one modest improvement so all stations can
select the TX antenna or Beverages for RX.

Dennis N8IVN is leading a M/2 team next weekend in SSB.

73!

Jim   WX3B