[3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 09:36:13 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ky

Total:  676   215  Total Score = 145,340

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

Spent waaaay too much time on the high bands. Tough to work majority of US/VE
population from KY. Ground wave and backscatter seemed very limited. A lot of
S&P looking for mults, hoping to get Q count up on low bands. Sporadic runs
here and there as I would cq for a few mins whenever coming accross a clear
freq.
I didnt manage my time well at all and started heading to lower bands too late.
By the time I went to 40, it was already quite long and was tough to get
anything going. Again, spent too much time here. 80 was good as always from
here along with 160, but 160 count was very low, only spent around 20 mins -
again a mistake from a central location like KY.
Was fun though, appreciate all the contacts and see you all in CQWW 160!
73's!
Bryan
W5MX