[3830] NAQP CW ND3N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 09:45:11 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: ND3N
Operator(s): ND3N
Station: ND3N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

  160:    0     0
   10:   14     6
-------------------
Total:  186    88  Total Score = 16,368

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Multi-Chapter 1

Comments:

The first contest with my new call.  I noticed a lot fewer repeat requests on
the call, which was a nice surprise.  And as this call hadn't been used in the
past (to the best of my knowledge), it wasn't in the pre-fill - so there were
several (more than usual) requests to fill in the Name and State...

I got started a little late as the XYL wanted to do some shopping and I took
her out to lunch.  I started on 10 meters, but didn't find much activity there.
 So I moved to 15 meters (all S&P), then to 20, then 40 about a 1/2 hour
before sunset.  I stayed on 40 for the rest of the contest, with an occasional
foray to 80.  To help with the ringing in my ears and high noise on the lower
frequencies I treated myself to about 3 fingers of Johnnie Walker Red, sipping
it as I spun the dial.  Sometimes a little alcohol is needed to help with BIC
time... hi hi

I more than doubled my score from last year... More Q's and more Mults.

All in all, a very enjoyable contest, despite the static crashes and high noise
level at my QTH.

Rig: Kenwood TS-590
S/W: Writelog V11.18C
Antennas: GAP Challenger and wires for 40/15 and 80.