[3830] NAQP CW KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 10:38:01 EST 2014

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakton, VA

Total:  717   210  Total Score = 150,570

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Rappahannock 2

Comments:

Many thanks to Jack, N4RV for hosting me.   After a quick trip into the woods to
fix a few beverages, everything worked great.   I tried QRP again, thinking the
activity level would be high enough to allow for 95% S&P and not run out of
stations to work, which was pretty much the way it played out.   80 and 160 were
very noisy here, but I stuck with it and was rewarded with a short 'run' of
about 30 local stations around 10:30PM.

Also thanks to our friendly rivals (... or is that 'arch enemies'?) at NCCC who
brainstormed the NAQP Challenge in 2013, which will continue across all six NAQP
events this year.  We at PVRC did our best to 'get out the vote' on CW, but from
the early results it's clear the 'NCCC hare' has shot out of the gate once again
in 2014.

We are looking forward to next weekend's Phone leg and hopefully the 'PVRC
tortoise' can make up some ground.   I have not toted up the SMC scores yet,
but I heard you guys were everywhere yesterday as well.

73,

Ken KE3X

N4RV Station:

Pair of FT-1000's dialed down to 5W.  N1MM logger.
10M: 6 el Fixed NE @40', 6 el Rotary @ 80', WX0B Stackmatch
15M: 6 el Fixed NE @45', 3 el Rotary @ 90', WX0B Stackmatch
20M: Bencher Skyhawk
40M: 4-Element Wire Beam NE, Full-wave loop West, WX0B Stackmatch
80M: Two high dipoles broadside NE/SW and SE/NW
160: Inverted-L
Rcv: Beverages NE/SW and SE/NW