[3830] DARC 10 DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 19:03:48 EST 2014

                    DARC 10-Meter Contest

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: JN49FO

   CW:  138
  SSB:
------------
Total:  140  Mults = 106  Total Score = 14,840

Club: A24

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A
Idiom Press CMOS4

WT v3.27.1 on HP Omnibook XE3
Packet, Skimmer

6el Yagi @24m

DXCC wkd: 18

My YL helped setting up the station on Saturday evening. This allowed a more
comfortable Sunday morning than usual for this contest.

>From a flat terrain QTH it is essential to find a beam heading with decent
scatter signals. As others have pointed out DL scatter signals were quite
watery without a real peak from a certain direction. One time 330deg gave a
good run with surprisingly loud and clear signals from all around DL. But the
fun did not last long. Consequently the first hour ended with just 75Q compared
to 98Q in 2012, my last participation.

I caught up a bit in the second hour but DJ5MW and DF2CK were ahead by about
10Q when I worked them.

When I arrived home my YL asked if signals were coming in loud from the
southeast as I had hoped. And if DJ5MW and DK9VZ were on as well. I certainly
loved this moment!

73 & HNY,

Stefan
DL1IAO at contesting.com